USER GROUPThe setup of the CAx User Group is ongoning. The aim is to organise the first meeting before the end of 2019.
Scope of the user group is Computer-Aided-"x" (Design, Manufactoring, Inspection), based on STEP AP242 ed.2.
Deliverables are prioritized use cases and test cases V1 for 2020, MBx data exchange (MBx LTA, etc) and Preparation of related public test cases.
Goals an Objectives of the CAx user group are:
- Manage industry requirements for interoperability Convey capability gaps to standards bodies
- Create & maintain common industry Use Cases and associated Test Cases
- Harmonize cross-discipline Use Cases by collaborating with other User Groups
- Prioritize list of Use Cases for test rounds by the Implementer Group
- Allocate industry requirements to interoperability validation & verification with KPIs
- Review the scope of STEP Recommended Practices in relation to industry reqt’s
- Create user best practices for STEP MBx translations Communicate to the outside world
- (Conferences, Show Cases etc.)
- Present pilots (showcase, etc.) Promote results and usage of the MBx IF