The MBx Implementor Forum is a joint testing effort between AFNeT, PDES, Inc. and prostep ivip. The objective of the forum is to accelerate MBx translator development and ensure that users' requirements are satisfied. The MBx Implementor Forum is an approach to establish a common test activity in the CAD and CAE areas by merging AFNeT's, PDES, Inc.'s STEPnet and prostep ivip's RoundTable activities in this area.
The goals of the MBx Implementor Forum are to:
- Implement functionality for today's needs
- Identify functionality for tomorrow's needs
- Avoid roadblocks by establishing agreed upon approaches
- Increase user confidence by providing system and AP interoperability testing
- Ensure new functionality does not adversely impact existing implementations
The MBx Implementor Forum is significantly improving STEP translator quality and decreasing translator time-to-market.
Test round summaries (starting with Round 39J for CAD and Round 1S for CAE), as well as meeting dates, can be found on the MBx-IF Calendar.